The good news for the Republican frontrunner keeps coming. He has enough cash on hand to crush his rivals on TV in Florida and South Carolina. From a press release:
Boston, MA – Today, Romney for President announced it has raised more than $56 million so far in the primary. The campaign will report raising $24 million for the fourth quarter. This total represents only primary contributions as the campaign did not raise general election funds. The campaign has over $19 million cash on hand. Mitt Romney did not make a personal loan or contribution.
Romney for President National Finance Chairman Spencer Zwick said, “Mitt Romney’s growing financial support is representative of the growing momentum for our campaign. In order to defeat President Obama in November, we will need this continued strong showing of support. Mitt Romney, the campaign, and his supporters will continue the hard work of reaching out to supporters and spreading Mitt Romney’s pro-growth message to get our country on the right track again.”
FAST FACTS About Romney For President’s Fourth Quarter Fundraising:
- · Total Amount Raised In Primary Contributions For The Year: $56 Million
- · Amount Raised In Primary Contributions In The Fourth Quarter: $24 Million
- · Amount Raised In Primary Contributions In The Third Quarter: $14 Million
- · Amount Raised In Primary Contributions In The Second Quarter: $18 Million
- · Cash On Hand: $19 Million
- · Contributions Received From All 50 States And Washington, D.C.
- · No General Election Money Collected
- · Mitt Romney Did Not Make A Personal Loan Or Contribution